For some reason, a bunch of my orchids are blooming now. Not that I'm complaining.
Brassavola Little Stars Dendrobium Blue Twinkle Laeliocattleya Mini Purple 'Tamani' Brassocattleya Little Mermaid 'Janet' Doritis pulcherrima Sophrolaeliocattleya Jeweler's Art 'Carved Coral'
your flowers are lovely! one of my orchids just randomly decided to bloom as well: mtssa. "izumi". the blooms look like leopard-printed, long-legged bugs. it went insane this year--i have like four healthy plants worth of orchid stuffed in one 4 inch container. i have a miltonia that blooms every mother's day for me--big giant pansy flowers. did you ever cut back your collection to reduce your carbon footprint?
LITT, thanks for the comment. Miltassia are fun orchids, and exotically beautiful. I haven't been able to whittle down my orchid collection yet. Seems like people don't want them. People usually look a bit freaked when I ask if they want one - my guess is because they know that I'll ask about the plants, and people are afraid they'll kill them. I think they are used to thinking of them as disposable plants, like easter lilies or pointsettias.
You weren't kidding when you said 'a bunch' of orchids were in bloom.
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful display.
your flowers are lovely! one of my orchids just randomly decided to bloom as well: mtssa. "izumi". the blooms look like leopard-printed, long-legged bugs. it went insane this year--i have like four healthy plants worth of orchid stuffed in one 4 inch container. i have a miltonia that blooms every mother's day for me--big giant pansy flowers. did you ever cut back your collection to reduce your carbon footprint?
ReplyDeleteLITT, thanks for the comment. Miltassia are fun orchids, and exotically beautiful. I haven't been able to whittle down my orchid collection yet. Seems like people don't want them. People usually look a bit freaked when I ask if they want one - my guess is because they know that I'll ask about the plants, and people are afraid they'll kill them. I think they are used to thinking of them as disposable plants, like easter lilies or pointsettias.
ReplyDelete