The Valles Caldera was open today to the public with permit, and we had the privilege of touring through the caldera (volcanic crater) with a geologist, in fact, one who has officially mapped the Jemez mountains. This was an all-day trip, and I'm exhausted. What an incredible landscape.
Click to embiggen.
The Iris missouriensis were looking glorious.
River of sedges.
A work on a grand scale...that of gods.
A host of golden...dandelions.
I don't know what this is, but it sure is cute.
Can you find the cars? They give you an idea of how big the caldera is. You may need to click to embiggen.

I'm pretty sure I also saw a UFO. I've never seen one of those before, but there was this weird white box floating stationary in the sky even though there was a very strong wind. It stayed there until we turned a corner, then was gone. Maybe a bird...a square white bird.
The pink flower unidentified is Geum triflorum or Prairie Smoke.
ReplyDeleteWe saw a pink balloon floating down The San Antonio Valle. That was weird too!
ReplyDeleteAha! I knew that plant looked like something I'd seen in photos before, but I didn't realize the flowers looked like that. Nice to see it in real life.
ReplyDeleteHmm, pink balloon. Maybe there are just strange things happening at the Valles Caldera...like the guy fishing in barely an inch or two of water.