Sunday, November 15, 2009
saving grace
The saving grace of cold winters is the occasional snow. It is not very frequent here, and when it does come, it does not last very long. Usually, the warm bright sunshine makes quick work of the snow, the next day. My sister commented that she thought that it was snowy throughout the winter here, since every winter I have been sending her photos of the snow. What a misrepresentation! It was the unusual aspect of the snow that made me send her the photos, so that was all she saw.
Whenever people visit my garden, they ask me what I am going to plant in this pot. It has been empty for years. It's not because I can't decide what to plant in it. Actually, I had planned on putting in a water feature. But getting an electrical supply to that area of the garden would be a hassle, and I've put it off. I love the way that the snow brings out the geometry of the pot's rim. So much so, that I'm leaving it empty.
The icing of snow on the top of the fence always catches my eye. Is this why they call certain pastry decorations, icing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pastry decorations for sure, what a thought! I love the empty pot, it makes an architectural statement.
ReplyDelete