Wednesday, August 10, 2011

photos...the end (again)?

It's funny to see how many of my photos are posted on the web. If you search on Euphorbia 'Blackbird' see how many nurseries use my photo on their website. I was searching for various other plants that I've posted and there are a ton of nurseries that have lifted my photos. One person has even copyrighted my photo on their Flickr page. A company in London has used my photo of Eremurus 'Cleopatra.' It's not illegal. I haven't copyrighted or watermarked my photos. As such, they are considered public domain. It's just a weird feeling.

It might be the end of Casa Coniglio anyway. I'm moving (again). This time to another house with a bigger yard. In that case, Casa Coniglio might morph into another blog and I'll take Casa Coniglio off-line next week when I move.

5 comments:

  1. Really!? (your photos)...that's crazy!

    How will we find you with your new blog. Hope you'll visit a few of us with your new blog name so we'll be able to follow you again. And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird - to take someone else's photo and make it their own *that way*.

    And moving once again? Ciao, Signore P. Coniglio! Hopefully the new place is more hospitible to plants than the present home has been of late! Though certainly it will have more soil, which helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't end this in a bad way and maybe you could see at it how great your photos are and hope you will feel better at your new place, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'll have to start a new blog anyway. The new house just won't be Casa Coniglio. It will be something else...what that might be I don't know yet, but I guess I'll find out. I'll also have to learn how to take photos that aren't of much commercial use, and of plants that are not hot new plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can take a bunch of your plants with you! How sad it would be to leave beloved plants behind!

    ReplyDelete