The sky in New Mexico is what I consider the most significant thing about the landscape. Most of the time you see photos of the puffy clouds that dot the sky during monsoon season, but these are the blue skies that you see during many other times of the year. I'm fascinated by the many shades of blue, from the shades of pale, such as the above view to Mt. Taylor in the west at 3:30 pm, or the deeper blues in the view to the east, below. The color, of course, changes during the day, so that there are specific colors at different times of the day, changing depending upon cloud cover, nearby fires, air quality, and who knows what else.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
sky
The sky in New Mexico is what I consider the most significant thing about the landscape. Most of the time you see photos of the puffy clouds that dot the sky during monsoon season, but these are the blue skies that you see during many other times of the year. I'm fascinated by the many shades of blue, from the shades of pale, such as the above view to Mt. Taylor in the west at 3:30 pm, or the deeper blues in the view to the east, below. The color, of course, changes during the day, so that there are specific colors at different times of the day, changing depending upon cloud cover, nearby fires, air quality, and who knows what else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment