Saturday, April 12, 2008

photojournaling

Just photojournaling today. I had some thoughts about borderline plants today, but instead I'd rather just enjoy being outside and among the pretties.

Veronica tauricula is coming into its spring glory. I love this blue.


It's cute how the Eremurus leaves come together in the cold of night. Here, the morning sunlight is just reaching them.


This dark grape hyacinth (M. paradoxum?) is not as much an eye catcher as the brighter blue varieties (M. armeniacum), but I like it.


Heuchera 'Green Spice' isn't as dramatic as the newer hybrids, but it has plenty of drama of its own.


My redbud tree is blooming well this year.


Tulipa batalinii in a red form. I'd forgotten about it after the single bloom last year.I had thought that the small bulbs were weak and gave them up for dead after last year's lackluster bloom. It was ignored through the summer heat and winter cold. They are much tougher than I thought. I wonder why people around here don't get more excited about the species tulips? Our climate is pretty close to that of their native country's.


Rosemary Gorizia is starting to put on a better show than I thought it would.

1 comment: