Saturday, April 19, 2008

update

Rosemary Blue Spires is turning into quite a looker. It's quite a bright blue, bluer than Gorizia, and darker than Frimley Blue.
The plant has a nicer form than the Tuscan Blue that I see around, although I suspect that what I see aren't true Tuscan Blue. They don't match the description at all, being mounding rather than strictly upright. The red-purple flowers in the photo below are faded flowers that have dropped off the redbud tree.


The second wave of Tulipa batalinii Red Gem is blooming. The plants in the shade are blooming about 2 weeks later than the one in the sun. That first one is fading now.


When the Eremurus foliage begins to brown, the flower spikes make their debut. Here you can just see one poking up through the leaves. It's very unimpressive at this stage, but just wait. By the way, the Philly Foxtail has failed again, even though the plant is as big as the other ones. Unless it makes a late push, I'll have to hope for next year, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment