While I was away, the garden has progressed. I had put some of the higher light requiring orchids outside to get more sunlight. One burned, but others seemed quite happy, particularly this Brassavola nodosa (a.k.a. La Dama de Noche or Lady of the Night Orchid), which put out three spikes. Looks like while I was away, the moths did play, and pollinated one of the flowers. This has never happened with my orchids before. I suppose it makes sense: B. nodosa is an orchid that grows wild in Mexico, and Mexico is just over the border. So there are moths around that can do the job. Life goes on.
Thanks to all the well wishes via e-mail, comments and those unspoken. They were appreciated. Although things my dad will never be the same, he has improved to a much greater degree than expected. I attribute this to all the well wishes. Thank you.
Most exciting to have the orchid pollinated.
ReplyDeleteIsn't rain in the desert the most fragrant of things?
Good thoughts to you and Dad.