Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Non-Floral Fragrances



Today Mr. Subjunctive was commenting on his blog (Plants are the Strangest People) about a scent created by Demeter Fragrances called "Dirt," which actually smells like ...dirt. Unlike others, being a scent-aholic, I'm kind of intrigued by this. These are scents that supposedly smell like what it is called (well, except "earthworm"), not inspired by the name. It's got to be better than the awful body odor of some people in the plant club (I mean that "have you EVER heard of a shower?"kind of smell). I see that the line also carries scents such as "Bonfire", "Cannabis flower", "Earthworm" ("not the worm itself, but where it lives...", "Fresh Hay", "Grass", "Greenhouse", "Fireplace", "Mesquite", "Stable" ("Fresh Hay and muck, sweet animal sweat…………….that’s as real as it gets."), "Wet Garden". I'm not so sure about "Sushi". Perhaps what I find most intriguing are "Poison Ivy" and "Giant Sequoia". I've got to find some. I just hope that the scents are not carcinogenic, like some untested fragrances are.

No comments:

Post a Comment