Saturday, July 30, 2011
creature
A few years back, I was amazed at the size and imposing nature of a vinegaroon that appeared in my house (do a google image search on it and you'll see what I mean). Today I thought a dust bunny appeared in a darkish corner of my desk and when I looked closer, this is what I saw. I brought it outside and took photos. The pennies didn't seem to do it justice in showing scale, and this is as close as I could bear to putting my hand next to it. I thought there were only enormous arthropods in tropical areas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Technically not an enormous insect, but I'm sure you knew that. . . .
ReplyDeleteScary, scary ... ;-)
ReplyDeleteNow following...
Glad to find you via QuercusSW tweet!
We watch a lot of those nature shows around here where they recreate what it would look like millions of years ago. Your friend's ancestors were some of the first land animals, and they were not always so little. Some were scary big.
ReplyDeleteVery nice information shared by you. I was just searching this type of information and luckily I got it from your blog. I like your blog also. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteSP: thanks for the comment. Casa Coniglio is on a bit of a hiatus now, as I am transitioning to a new Casa...
ReplyDelete