Back on May 23, 2010, this is what my Trachycarpus fortunei looked like (above).
After the big freeze, they looked like this (February 19, 2011):
I almost broke out the chainsaw, but I decided to wait. This photo was taken March 21, 2011, a month later, and there are signs of life.
Well, here they are today, four months later. There are two palms in this spot, the one in the photograph above is the one in the front below. This is why I take photographs, to remind myself how things change.
From the other side:
I thought the taller one was a goner for sure (below). It's still showing a lot of freeze damage on the first fronds to grow (they both are), but the new ones look just fine. The cistus has gone to heaven. The Italian cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) has a little damage but is otherwise okay. There's a long way to go to recover their former glory, but they are well on their way.
No comments:
Post a Comment