
A dozen Tulip 'Persian Pearl' were planted last fall. The flowers first opened when the stem was nearly nonexistent and the bloom was down in the leaves. Now that a couple of days have passed, the stem has stretched a bit and from ground level to the tips of the petals is 3-1/2". It is cute how the flowers close at night (above photographed this morning), and open when the sun hits them (below).

It's hard to know what to expect when purchasing the bulbs. After seeing the photographs on the web and catalog, I had expected a larger plant and a cluster of blooms. Nevertheless, the plants are charming, and I expect that they will cluster with time. I should have planted at least 3 dozen. With a name like 'Persian Pearl' this species (T. humilis) comes from Iran, and I expect that since the climate here in Albuquerque is similar, they should live much as they do in their native country.
No comments:
Post a Comment