Tuesday, January 5, 2010

winter's beauty



Snow bubbles.

Gardening Gone Wild's January photo competition is titled "Winter's Beauty."
This is my submission. The sparkling snow melting on a boulder made a miniature landscape. Seeing it makes me smile.
Click to embiggen.

9 comments:

  1. Nice, looks like the top of a cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this photo. I'm also glad to find another landscape architect/designer (I'm the latter) blogging. I design and photograph gardens in the metro DC area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,

    To me it looks like a lovely lot of icecream scoops :-)

    Is that lovely blue flower in your banner a type of Penstemon?
    Am I right in thinking that you stopped by? Alberquerque looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you afterwards, brushing snow off the front of you!
    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow, and this picture captures it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliments guys!

    Melissa: thanks for stopping by. I'd love to see your gardens.

    jo@o: yes, that's Penstemon linarioides (one of the various versions in my garden). I'm not sure if I stopped by, but I was in Scotland this past summer.

    Leslie: How did you know? And since I always wear black, it looked like I just had a sugar doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow looks like a heavy coating of powdered sugar on Indian fry bread (a fried donut/pastry. Yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool photo! (No pun intended.) I like how it looks like the foothills of the mountains.
    BTW, I love your avatar photo & your blog name. My blog's name was also inspired by my battles with rabbits, but a fox recently moved into the neighborhood, and it's become my new best friend. I haven't seen any rabbits recently. Maybe you can buy fox?

    ReplyDelete