Saturday, March 6, 2010

eremurus emerging

Every year, I eagerly anticipate the emerging of the bulbs. Once they decide to do so, they seem to pop out of the ground so quickly that if you blink, you might miss it. There is none that I anticipate more eagerly than Eremurus. They seem to explode out of the ground, and last year I watched carefully every day for weeks to see nothing, until suddenly one day, there appeared new growth an inch above the ground. This year, I missed the emergence due to a cold, where all I did was lay on the couch moaning pitifully like the whiny guy I am. Today from the window I saw green peeking from the ground. Voila! Like a phoenix from last years dead leaves, the birth of this year's shoots.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your eremurus last year. Mine are emerging too, and I share your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yours do better than mine did last year. Send me some photos!

    ReplyDelete