Sunday, July 18, 2010

ojo


I'm still zoned out from soaking in the mineral springs at Ojo Caliente last week. Such a worthwhile excursion. If you haven't been there, there are four different pools: soda pool, iron pool, arsenic pool and a lithium pool.

There's also a mud bath. I won't go into the energetic principles of each, but we did  the recommended sequence for men.


They have fun garden, which seemed to be in the beginning stages. Ojo Caliente was recently remodeled to transform it from a quirky hippy place to a higher end spa. I expect that in the years to come, the garden will settle in and become more refined.


 The red flax outside our cabin just glowed.


Your standard New Mexico hollyhocks.


A photogenic monarda.


A charming little labyrinth.



Russian Sage seems to be almost a required plant in New Mexico's gardens right now. In the future, people will identify a garden's age by their plantings of this plant. Well, maybe not, if the plant takes over and just becomes part of the vernacular, or maybe if it becomes a hostile invader.

No comments:

Post a Comment