Sunday, January 23, 2011

meyer


It's funny for me to realize that I actually like winter. The landscape is peaceful and quiet. It's a season for dreaming about the garden, where I don't get filled with all the chores that need to be done. It's also a time to take care of the indoor plants. I suppose that I could just treat the season as a meditation, but at this time of year I think about all the things that I can grow indoors. Its not really something that I did when I was growing up in California. Although I had indoor plants, there was not much of a separation in garden chores between indoors or outdoors.

When I left this year I gave my little Meyer lemon bush to a friend, and when I returned, he gave it back to me already having a lemon bush and not having the room for it anyway. I'm happy to have it returned home, with three lemons on it, no less. It's just started blooming, and smelling delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love the smell from these plants in spring. When the bushes are in bloom, it's intoxicating!

    ReplyDelete