Friday, September 12, 2008

agastache revisted

Now that the cooler weather of fall is here, the agastache are trying to make good. 'Firebird' and 'Ava' are doing well. It almost makes me retract my other post. Almost. There's still the issue of sudden dying, which, since the last post, has happened to my 'Salmon and Pink'. Sadly, this is one that I'd been pretty happy with all summer, until now.

'Firebird' has been my most reliable agastache. Although the hummingbirds don't seem to prefer one agastache over another, I'm sure they appreciate its floriferous nature and reliability. Here it is in the garden, with some Stachys 'Helen Von Stein' in the front, Artemesia versicolor to the side, and Calamogrostis x acutifolia 'Karl Foerster' in the back.


Here's a close-up, and lookin' pretty.


Agastache 'Ava' is turning up the juice. Finally. I almost like it again, although it certainly is no more impressive than in its first year, and that's a bit of a disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. These are looking quite good!

    I try not to assess my plants in the summer. They are just on vacation until monsoon, no matter what I want.

    ReplyDelete