This is what I found in my garden today, sticking out of an anthill and being slowly pulled in. I find it to be rather creepy, although I'm sure it's benign. Still, I'm wondering what happened to the rest of the bird. I'm thinking of putting the legs of my bed in cups of water tonight. And putting a barrier of ant poison around the bedroom.
What was it you said happened to Peaky? !
ReplyDeleteI had the leaf cutters take away my Tombstone rose the other day. In the morning it was all leafy and nice, and by afternoon when I looked out it was sticks!
I have admiration for their industry, but I am all about putting the cups of water under the legs of the bed! :)
I hope you survived the ants.
ReplyDeletePeaky just died of old age. Apparently betas don't live very long, and the chilly winters here were too different from those of Singapore for his liking (imagine that!). Still, he lived an average amount of time for a beta.
ReplyDeleteI'm half expecting the ants to carry away my computer - they seem to love exploring it - in fact my hands keep getting ants on them as I type. Ick. Maybe Apple coats the keyboard with sugar.
I was being very facetious about Peaky, implying that he went down the anthole... maybe.
ReplyDeleteWe had some rains last week, and the flying ants were thick as a result. When I took my morning walk, I almost got a bad case of the willies, a la The Birds, because they kept flying into me, getting in my mouth and eyes and stuff. It was one long half mile home :)
Ah, thanks. Sometimes I'm a bit dense. If the ants got Peaky, then I'd really worry, because then the water barrier around my bed wouldn't work. Extra eek!
ReplyDeleteYour not dense. I'm obtuse :)
ReplyDeleteI saw an old 'frontier' photo once, of a bedstead with water buckets under each leg, and I couldn't figure what they were for until I moved 'west'.
Saw an ant pulling a feather along the road on my morning walk the other day. Of course I thought of you! :)
ReplyDelete