I'd thought that I'd killed this plant. I bought it last year, planted the large corm, and...nothing came up. Eventually, I dug it up to see what happened, and there, in the soil, were curled dead flowers which never emerged. The same thing happened with the leaves, although with the leaves, I saw a hint of them breaking ground before they died. So much for the "large coarse foliage." I'm delighted to see flowers where I thought there was a dead corm. But I hope the leaves will do as well.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Colchicum 'The Giant'
I'd thought that I'd killed this plant. I bought it last year, planted the large corm, and...nothing came up. Eventually, I dug it up to see what happened, and there, in the soil, were curled dead flowers which never emerged. The same thing happened with the leaves, although with the leaves, I saw a hint of them breaking ground before they died. So much for the "large coarse foliage." I'm delighted to see flowers where I thought there was a dead corm. But I hope the leaves will do as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a nice surpise.
ReplyDeletehow are the leaves doing?
I wanted to share with you that Martha is having a blog contest. Perhaps you'd like to join in!
You can read about it HEREand post a comment.
Have fun!
~~Becky
The leaves haven't come up yet, and it's still blooming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your blog!