Saturday, February 19, 2011

iris

Every year, I'm glad when the early bulbous irises arrive. They are some of the earliest things to blossom in my yard, and they arrive with such a burst of excitement. The points had appeared at least a month ago, just waiting, through the frigid weather. This morning, when I awoke and looked out at the garden, although it was a cloudy morning, I saw that the fireworks had begun.


By mid morning, the clouds had not lifted, but there was no stopping them.


I know that later, as the ungainly foliage elongates, I will wonder if I should keep them in the garden. I'll have to look at the photos and remember.



1 comment:

  1. WOW! I forgot about you having those, and that there were early irises to begin with. Those are tough to do that after what we just went through.

    ReplyDelete