Sunday, February 27, 2011

coordination

Just last week I was wondering when the tulips would be coming up. I couldn't find a hint of them above ground. Yesterday, saw a few poking up through the gravel, and today, they all look like they've been there for weeks. It's always a wonder that they all know to come up at the same time, and to bloom at the same time, but then I realize that I must have intuitively knew that it was time for them to come up,  being a lowly human with indoor heating, and that they must have much more sensitive sensors for weather, it doesn't seem like such a strange thing. I still feel that it is a wondrous thing, however, and am always filled with awe when the first shoots appear.

Here is Tulipa clusiana:


Tulipa batalinii:

Tulipa humilis:

There were even the first signs of the eremurus poking out today, within 2 days of when they appeared two years ago. They have done miserably the last two years, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pink edging on the tulip foliage. I wish you luck with the Eremurus...I have no luck with them...our soil is just way to heavy.

    ReplyDelete