Still, the hike was lovely. Here's the road more taken (I still haven't perfected the art of making a hillside look as steep as it really is):
And the road less (but still significantly) taken:
And although my photos usually focus near the ground, here's what the experience was more like, this being a land of big skies:
And at times, like this:
A gratuitous plant photo (cylindropuntia):
Another gratuitous plant photo (Juniperus monosperma):
A gratuitous rock photo:
Or two:
A view from the top into the ravine (click to embiggen). Hard to get a sense of scale, but one of those shrubs at the bottom is about 6 feet across:
And back home at the ranch (well, not even close to a ranch),
Desert Willow looks pretty good with snow on it, don't you think?
A portion of one of the "swimming dragons", now swimming in snow:



Hope my young desert willow survives Albuquerque's lows tonight!
ReplyDeleteWow...we have snow drifts and areas without any snow. I joked about a hike, but no way! I blew that one before our t-storms then snow hit yesterday. Here, not so warm - 7F now. We are witnessing a historical cold event.
ReplyDeletenancy - you might want to keep your willow covered for the next two nights. It might grow back from the ground.
ReplyDeleteDD- it's going to be colder tomorrow night.
Kaveh - yeah, I like the snow. I DON'T like the cold. I'm going to be hating life tomorrow.
Just lovely! I'm particularly smitten by that photo of the rock outcropping.
ReplyDelete