When the weather heats up for the summer, the only time to go out for a hike is in the early morning, when it is still cool. Even so, it is better to head out before the sun is fully up since the intensity of the radiation at this altitude is intense even if the air temperatures are reasonable. I had a bit of a late start today, which was fortunate in that the morning sun made for some interesting back lighting. I don't know which brassica this is (above), but the siliques caught the light magically.
Normally, the tram cables are barely visible, but at this angle, the sun glints off the metal, and you can see the spider web effect . From this angle, the tram seems to go straight up to towers 1 and 2 (above).
Looks a bit more reasonable at this angle (above), but still steep.
I do enjoy how the plumes on the Apache plume catch the morning sun.
The flowers on the yucca only last a little more than a week, but what a glorious week.
I can't remember if this squirrel tail grass is an invasive weed or not, but it is not welcome in my yard. The plumes are a spiny brittle mess, but they do catch the light.
No comments:
Post a Comment