Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in
Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Like an al-ee-oom, -oom, -oom.
Like an al-ee-oom, -oom, -oom.
Allium christophii (syn. Allium albopilosum) are blooming now, and when I was out looking at them, Katy Pery's "Firework" kept going through my head. As I was thinking about the lyrics I was impressed by how applicable they were to this plant. The leaves are thin, insubstantial, and not very impressive. They are very lax, easily collapsed to the ground by a shower of water, and whipped by the winds. Dormant, the plant is, of course, nothing to look at, the bulbs being underground.
But when this plant blooms, it is the star of the garden. And like a firework, is very short lived.
Maybe I'm just in one of those moods today.
I miss my Alliums in my east coast garden so much. My late spring/early summer garden was pretty much Allium Land.
ReplyDeleteKaveh - I would have liked to have seen that!
ReplyDelete