Quite the enormous event, held at Fort Mason.
With enough displays and sales to make you hyperventilate. I was a kid in a candy store.
This Neobathiea filicornu charmed my socks off.
Here's one of my favorite paphiopedilums, P lowii.
This being the Bay Area, cymbidiums were in abundance.
I don't like this orchid bondage:
But this was awfully cute:
This Dracula was best pleurothallid in show, and Best Plant in Show. Being in a glass case, it was hard to photograph.
Here's another cute pleurothallid, Masdevallia superbiens.
Look at this cutie.
Some gorgeous waterfall lips on this Miltonia.
This is also ideal climate for Masdevallia coccinea.
Looks like a dowiana lip on this cattleya (the striated lip from Cattleya dowiana), maybe mixed with some Brassavola nodosa (which gives the spots, and may be responsible for the pale color and simple petals with big lip).
I'm very fond of cattleyas. A big lavender cattleya like this was one of the first gifts I gave my mother for her birthday.
You have to love the Proteaceae. We live in DC but have a small house and garden in Central Florida that we see 3 or 4 times a yaar. I tried some Proteas there but without success. The wet/dry seasons are backwards. Oh well. Maybe when we finally end up there year round.
ReplyDeleteYour photographs are wonderful as always.
Yeah, I would guess that proteas would do poorly in Florida. But you can probably grow other otherworldy flowers, like heliconias!
ReplyDelete